Reports to: Residential Sales Section Manager
The mission of the Junior Sales Representative (Merchandiser) is to promote Daikin products and follow up promo actions, ensuring the correct positioning (display stand, price and information) of the products in the stores (following the brand standards, stimulating consumer's interest to make the purchase), reaching the defined individual & team business target. (S)He acts as a liaison between Daikin Marketing and Sales Dept. with MDC stores and buyers, always respecting the core values of Daikin Group - absolute credibility, harmonious relationships, and enterprising management.
The Junior Sales Representative (Merchandiser) is responsible to maintain a comprehensive library of appropriate data, work closely with visual-display staff and store department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximise sales, assist in the set-up of layout plans for stores, analyse every aspect of bestsellers (e.g., bestselling price points, colours or styles) and assist so that they reach their full potential, maintains awareness of competitors' performance, monitors slow sellers and proposes actions to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary, gather information on customers' reactions to products and gather current information of brand positioning and visibility and finally make relative presentations to senior managers.
(S)He works with a specific area inside Greece visiting, evaluating and supporting the buyers/shops that are active in this area, by having a direct communication with the network. Compiling data to clear and elaborative reports and presenting situation to senior management on a weekly basis.
Duties & responsibilities
- Promotional Communication and Information Gathering: The Sales Merchandiser visits distinct MDC buyers/shops with a main task to communicate Daikin promotions and gather all kinds of market information. The Sales Merchandiser focuses on providing DAGR Management with a clear and updated view of current market conditions (i.e. situational awareness).
- Maintain Awareness of Competitors' Performance: By using a series of data collection checklists, the Sales Merchandiser will be able to clearly depict current competition performance and visibility on a store to store basis. (S)He is also responsible in compiling the data to a master file and keep this data updated.
- Monitoring Slow Sellers: Monitoring slow sellers and propose actions to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary. Monitor results and targets of the MDC network on monthly basis with focus on the performance of major outlets in terms of positioning and volume sales feedback. Responsible for sales promotions in MDCs by attending major selected outlets and coordinating promoters.
- Gathering Information on Customers' reactions to Products: By using a series of data collection checklists, the Sales Merchandiser will be able to clearly depict current performance and visibility of Daikin products on a store to store basis as well as acquire feedback on a front sales level. (S)He is also responsible in compiling the data to a master file and keep this data updated.
- Making Situational Awareness Presentations to Senior Management and propose courses of action: Compiling and presenting his/her findings to senior management is an essential operation of the function.